1 (615) 758-8760   SERVICES@RICHEYRESTORATION.COM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION 
fire_masthead V2

Fire Damage

SMOKE / SOOT REMOVAL AND RESTORATION

  • Emergency Service Available
  • Certified Technicians and Contractors
  • Structural and Personal Property Restoration
  • Locally owned and operated
 COMMON FIRE SOURCES:
  • Most commonly, fires start in the kitchen from cooking.  
  • Chimneys are another common source in the winter months.
  • Candles, Christmas trees, Space heaters, and cigarettes are also contributors to fire and smoke damage
 FIRE PREVENTION:
  • Never leave the kitchen stove or oven unattended while cooking.  
  • Make sure to keep your oven clean from overspills and splatters.  Food that remains on the bottom of your oven can burn causing smoke and soot damage.
  • Have your chimney flue checked annually before starting the first seasonal fire in your fireplace.  Birds can build nests in your chimney flue or chimney cap which can clog the flue and cause back drafts of smoke into your home.  Also, flues can crack or become damaged which can allow fire and heat into the walls of the chimney and result in fire.
  • Never leave candles unattended!  Make sure, if you have a candle burning, it is far away from curtains, towels, bedding, etc., and cannot fall or be easily turned over.  Make sure the candle is completely out and cooled before placing it close to a combustible source.
  • The same rules apply with space heaters.  Never place them too close to a combustible source and never leave them unattended.
  • Christmas trees can get dry and if placed too close to a fireplace or candle or other heat source, they can combust and catch fire.   When choosing a Christmas tree, make sure it is fresh and that it is kept watered.  Never leave the lights on overnight while your family is sleeping or while you’re away from home.
  • Never leave the home or go to bed with the clothes dryer running.  Clean the lint filter after each use and regularly check to make sure the exhaust hose isn’t clogged.
  • Never place your grill against the house when grilling!  Make sure grills are extinguished after use and are placed away from structures.
  • With all precautions taken to prevent fires, they can still happen from other uncontrollable sources such as compromised electrical wiring in walls.    


USE SMOKE AND HEAT DETECTORS!

  • Have hardwired smoke detectors installed in every room of the house.  If one smoke/heat detector goes off, every detector in the house will sound, possibly saving your live and lives of your loved ones and pets!
  • Prevention can help but Detection saves lives!


WHEN A FIRE HAPPENS:

  • We don’t have to state the obvious – get out and call 911!
  • It is always a good idea to have an evacuation plan in place and to practice it with all family members.  It can be a scary experience, but it can and will save lives.


WHY RICHEY RESTORATION?

We are professional CIE Certified Indoor Environmentalists, Indoor Air Quality Experts serving Greater Nashville and Middle Tennessee since 1973.  We are experts at removing smoke, soot and resulting odors from structures and personal property including clothing and shoes.

Emergency Residential and Commercial Restoration Services available.

WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY

angies list

Testimonials

"Excellent job from scheduling to clean-up. Richey Restoration was totally professional."

-BP
Antioch, TN

"Mold remediation from window leaks. Very knowledgeable, professional and courteous."

-MP
Brentwood, TN

"Excellent service. Cleaned up during and after. Evaluated and Rid wall of mold."

-GJ
Murfreesboro, TN

"I was very happy with the service, he really took his time and made sure I understand what's going on and what to do about it."

-WH
Old Hickory, TN

"I found Richey Restoration on Angie's List.  I chose them because of the high rating a large number of reviews.  within a day of contact via Angie's List, I received a call.  Dan Richey visited my house and completed the water leak assessment (Angie's List coupon).  Dan is great!  Extremely knowledgeable, lots of experience and a really nice guy."

-LJ
Franklin, TN