Facts About Mold
MOLD REMOVAL and RESTORATION
- Emergency Service Available
- Certified Technicians and Contractors
- Specialty Diagnostic and Remediation Equipment
- Locally owned and operated
FACTS ABOUT MOLD:
- Mold lives naturally in the environment and has existed from the beginning of time.
- Mold can be found indoors and outdoors.
- Mold needs a moist, damp environment in order to grow.
- Mold needs a food source to grow; organic materials such as leaves and plants in the outdoors and drywall, wood, wallpaper, leather, etc. in the indoors.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SUSPECT MOLD?:
- Investigate possible suspect areas where water sources might exist such as around sink base cabinets, dishwasher, ice maker supply line, tub drain, toilets, etc.
- You can smell it but you can’t see it. The source needs to be identified and stopped. Continued water or moisture exposure can lead to more microbial growth.
- Water and moisture sources should be stopped prior to beginning any mold mitigation projects otherwise, mold growth can re-occur.
I SEE BLACK MOLD! IS IT DANGEROUS?
- The phrase “Toxic Black Mold” typically refers to Stachybotrys chartarium which has been reported to have adverse health effects on some individuals.
- Just note, not ALL black molds are toxic and just because a mold is not black, doesn’t mean it’s not toxic.
- Every individual has different susceptibilities to different kinds of molds. It’s a dose vs response situation and every individual and situation is different.
- There are no guidelines or regulations governing mold exposure levels.
WHEN SHOULD I SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE?
- As soon as you see or smell possible mold!
- Call Richey Restoration for a full assessment! 615-758-8760
WHY RICHEY RESTORATION?
We are professional CIE Certified Indoor Environmentalists, Indoor Air Quality and Mold Removal Experts serving Greater Nashville and Middle Tennessee since 1973. Emergency Residential and Commercial Restoration Services available.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"Excellent job from scheduling to clean-up. Richey Restoration was totally professional."
"Mold remediation from window leaks. Very knowledgeable, professional and courteous."
"Excellent service. Cleaned up during and after. Evaluated and Rid wall of mold."
"I was very happy with the service, he really took his time and made sure I understand what's going on and what to do about it."
Old Hickory, TN
"I found Richey Restoration on Angie's List. I chose them because of the high rating a large number of reviews. within a day of contact via Angie's List, I received a call. Dan Richey visited my house and completed the water leak assessment (Angie's List coupon). Dan is great! Extremely knowledgeable, lots of experience and a really nice guy."